Tender Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TenderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Exciting kind concern; dear; precious.
- (v. t.) To have a care of; to be tender toward; hence, to regard; to esteem; to value.
- (n.) An offer, either of money to pay a debt, or of service to be performed, in order to save a penalty or forfeiture, which would be incurred by nonpayment or nonperformance; as, the tender of rent due, or of the amount of a note, with interest.
- (n.) The thing offered; especially, money offered in payment of an obligation.
- (superl.) Careful to save inviolate, or not to injure; -- with of.
- (n.) A vessel employed to attend other vessels, to supply them with provisions and other stores, to convey intelligence, or the like.
- (superl.) Adapted to excite feeling or sympathy; expressive of the softer passions; pathetic; as, tender expressions; tender expostulations; a tender strain.
- (n.) A car attached to a locomotive, for carrying a supply of fuel and water.
- (v. t.) To offer in words; to present for acceptance.
- (superl.) Sensible to impression and pain; easily pained.
- (superl.) Apt to give pain; causing grief or pain; delicate; as, a tender subject.
- (superl.) Physically weak; not hardly or able to endure hardship; immature; effeminate.
- (superl.) Unwilling to cause pain; gentle; mild.
- (n.) One who tends; one who takes care of any person or thing; a nurse.
- (superl.) Susceptible of the softer passions, as love, compassion, kindness; compassionate; pitiful; anxious for anothers good; easily excited to pity, forgiveness, or favor; sympathetic.
- (n.) Regard; care; kind concern.
- (n.) Any offer or proposal made for acceptance; as, a tender of a loan, of service, or of friendship; a tender of a bid for a contract.
- (superl.) Heeling over too easily when under sail; -- said of a vessel.
- (v. t.) To offer in payment or satisfaction of a demand, in order to save a penalty or forfeiture; as, to tender the amount of rent or debt.
- (superl.) Easily impressed, broken, bruised, or injured; not firm or hard; delicate; as, tender plants; tender flesh; tender fruit.
• Tender-heartedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having great sensibility; susceptible of impressions or influence; affectionate; pitying; sensitive.