Tenter Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TenterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To admit extension.
- (n.) One who takes care of, or tends, machines in a factory; a kind of assistant foreman.
- (n.) A kind of governor.
- (v. t.) To hang or stretch on, or as on, tenters.
- (n.) A machine or frame for stretching cloth by means of hooks, called tenter-hooks, so that it may dry even and square.
• TenteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tenter