Thorn Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThornDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To prick, as with a thorn.
- (n.) Any shrub or small tree which bears thorns; especially, any species of the genus Crataegus, as the hawthorn, whitethorn, cockspur thorn.
- (n.) Fig.: That which pricks or annoys as a thorn; anything troublesome; trouble; care.
- (n.) The name of the Anglo-Saxon letter /, capital form /. It was used to represent both of the sounds of English th, as in thin, then. So called because it was the initial letter of thorn, a spine.
- (n.) A hard and sharp-pointed projection from a woody stem; usually, a branch so transformed; a spine.
• Thorn-headedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having a head armed with thorns or spines.