Thwarting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThwartingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Thwart
• ThwartDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To move or go in an oblique or crosswise manner.
- (v. t.) To move across or counter to; to cross; as, an arrow thwarts the air.
- (a.) Thwartly; obliquely; transversely; athwart.
- (n.) A seat in an open boat reaching from one side to the other, or athwart the boat.
- (prep.) Across; athwart.
- (v. t.) To cross, as a purpose; to oppose; to run counter to; to contravene; hence, to frustrate or defeat.
- (a.) Situated or placed across something else; transverse; oblique.
- (a.) Fig.: Perverse; crossgrained.
- (v. i.) Hence, to be in opposition; to clash.
• ThwartinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a thwarting or obstructing manner; so as to thwart.