Tierce Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TierceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A position in thrusting or parrying in which the wrist and nails are turned downward.
- (a.) Divided into three equal parts of three different tinctures; -- said of an escutcheon.
- (n.) A cask larger than a barrel, and smaller than a hogshead or a puncheon, in which salt provisions, rice, etc., are packed for shipment.
- (n.) A cask whose content is one third of a pipe; that is, forty-two wine gallons; also, a liquid measure of forty-two wine, or thirty-five imperial, gallons.
- (n.) A sequence of three playing cards of the same suit. Tierce of ace, king, queen, is called tierce-major.
- (n.) The third hour of the day, or nine a. m,; one of the canonical hours; also, the service appointed for that hour.
- (n.) The third tone of the scale. See Mediant.
• TierceletDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The male of various falcons, esp. of the peregrine; also, the male of the goshawk.