Tiller Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TillerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A young timber tree.
- (n.) A lever of wood or metal fitted to the rudder head and used for turning side to side in steering. In small boats hand power is used; in large vessels, the tiller is moved by means of mechanical appliances. See Illust. of Rudder. Cf. 2d Helm, 1.
- (n.) The handle of anything.
- (v. i.) To put forth new shoots from the root, or round the bottom of the original stalk; as, wheat or rye tillers; some spread plants by tillering.
- (v. t.) One who tills; a husbandman; a cultivator; a plowman.
- (n.) A shoot of a plant, springing from the root or bottom of the original stalk; a sucker.
- (n.) A sprout or young tree that springs from a root or stump.
- (n.) A small drawer; a till.
- (n.) The stalk, or handle, of a crossbow; also, sometimes, the bow itself.
• TilleredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tiller