Tilting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TiltingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The process by which blister steel is rendered ductile by being forged with a tilt hammer.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tilt
- (n.) The act of one who tilts; a tilt.
• TiltDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Inclination forward; as, the tilt of a cask.
- (v. i.) To run or ride, and thrust with a lance; to practice the military game or exercise of thrusting with a lance, as a combatant on horseback; to joust; also, figuratively, to engage in any combat or movement resembling that of horsemen tilting with lances.
- (n.) A covering overhead; especially, a tent.
- (v. t.) To cover with a tilt, or awning.
- (n.) The cloth covering of a cart or a wagon.
- (v. t.) To incline; to tip; to raise one end of for discharging liquor; as, to tilt a barrel.
- (v. t.) To hammer or forge with a tilt hammer; as, to tilt steel in order to render it more ductile.
- (v. t.) To point or thrust, as a lance.
- (n.) A thrust, as with a lance.
- (v. t.) To point or thrust a weapon at.
- (v. i.) To lean; to fall partly over; to tip.
- (n.) A military exercise on horseback, in which the combatants attacked each other with lances; a tournament.
- (n.) See Tilt hammer, in the Vocabulary.
- (n.) A cloth cover of a boat; a small canopy or awning extended over the sternsheets of a boat.