Timber Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TimberDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Fig.: Material for any structure.
- (v. t.) To surmount as a timber does.
- (v. i.) To make a nest.
- (n.) The body, stem, or trunk of a tree.
- (n.) A certain quantity of fur skins, as of martens, ermines, sables, etc., packed between boards; being in some cases forty skins, in others one hundred and twenty; -- called also timmer.
- (n.) Woods or forest; wooden land.
- (v. t.) To furnish with timber; -- chiefly used in the past participle.
- (n.) That sort of wood which is proper for buildings or for tools, utensils, furniture, carriages, fences, ships, and the like; -- usually said of felled trees, but sometimes of those standing. Cf. Lumber, 3.
- (n.) A rib, or a curving piece of wood, branching outward from the keel and bending upward in a vertical direction. One timber is composed of several pieces united.
- (n.) A single piece or squared stick of wood intended for building, or already framed; collectively, the larger pieces or sticks of wood, forming the framework of a house, ship, or other structure, in distinction from the covering or boarding.
- (n.) The crest on a coat of arms.
- (v. i.) To light on a tree.
• TimberingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of furnishing with timber; also, timbers, collectively; timberwork; timber.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Timber
• TimberedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Built; formed; contrived.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Timber
- (a.) Furnished with timber; -- often compounded; as, a well-timbered house; a low-timbered house.
- (a.) Massive, like timber.
- (a.) Covered with growth timber; wooden; as, well-timbered land.