Tincturing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TincturingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tincture
• TinctureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A slight taste superadded to any substance; as, a tincture of orange peel.
- (n.) One of the metals, colors, or furs used in armory.
- (n.) A tinge or shade of color; a tint; as, a tincture of red.
- (n.) A solution (commonly colored) of medicinal substance in alcohol, usually more or less diluted; spirit containing medicinal substances in solution.
- (v. t.) To imbue the mind of; to communicate a portion of anything foreign to; to tinge.
- (n.) The finer and more volatile parts of a substance, separated by a solvent; an extract of a part of the substance of a body communicated to the solvent.
- (v. t.) To communicate a slight foreign color to; to tinge; to impregnate with some extraneous matter.
- (n.) A slight quality added to anything; a tinge; as, a tincture of French manners.