Touted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ToutedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tout
• ToutDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In the game of solo, a proposal to win all eight tricks.
- (n.) One who gives a tip on a race horses for an expected compensation, esp. in hopes of a share in any winnings; -- usually contemptuous.
- (v. i.) To look narrowly; spy.
- (v. t.) To spy out information about, as a racing stable or horse.
- (v. i.) To act as a tout; to tout, or give a tip on, a race horse.
- (n.) One who solicits custom, as a runner for a hotel, cab, gambling place.
- (v. i.) To spy out the movements of race horses at their trials, or to get by stealth or other improper means the secrets of the stable, for betting purposes.
- (n.) A spy for a smuggler, thief, or the like.
- (v. t.) To give a tip on (a race horse) to a better with the expectation of sharing in the latters winnings.
- (n.) One who secretly watches race horses which are in course of training, to get information about their capabilities, for use in betting.
- (v. i.) To toot a horn.
- (n.) The anus.
- (v. i.) To act as a tout. See 2d Tout.
- (v. i.) To ply or seek for customers.