Treading Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TreadingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tread
• TreadDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Way; track; path.
- (n.) The part of a rail upon which car wheels bear.
- (n.) The upper horizontal part of a step, on which the foot is placed.
- (n.) A step or stepping; pressure with the foot; a footstep; as, a nimble tread; a cautious tread.
- (v. t.) To beat or press with the feet; as, to tread a path; to tread land when too light; a well-trodden path.
- (n.) The chalaza of a birds egg; the treadle.
- (n.) A bruise or abrasion produced on the foot or ankle of a horse that interferes. See Interfere, 3.
- (n.) The act of copulation in birds.
- (v. t.) To copulate with; to feather; to cover; -- said of the male bird.
- (v. i.) To set the foot; to step.
- (v. t.) To crush under the foot; to trample in contempt or hatred; to subdue.
- (n.) The part of a wheel that bears upon the road or rail.
- (n.) Manner or style of stepping; action; gait; as, the horse has a good tread.
- (v. i.) To walk or go; especially, to walk with a stately or a cautious step.
- (v. t.) To step or walk on.
- (v. t.) To go through or accomplish by walking, dancing, or the like.
- (v. i.) To copulate; said of birds, esp. the males.
- (n.) The top of the banquette, on which soldiers stand to fire over the parapet.