Trilled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TrilledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Trill
• TrillDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To utter trills or a trill; to play or sing in tremulous vibrations of sound; to have a trembling sound; to quaver.
- (n.) A shake or quaver of the voice in singing, or of the sound of an instrument, produced by the rapid alternation of two contiguous tones of the scale; as, to give a trill on the high C. See Shake.
- (v. t.) To turn round; to twirl.
- (n.) The action of the organs in producing such sounds; as, to give a trill to the tongue. d
- (v. i.) To flow in a small stream, or in drops rapidly succeeding each other; to trickle.
- (n.) A sound, of consonantal character, made with a rapid succession of partial or entire intermissions, by the vibration of some one part of the organs in the mouth -- tongue, uvula, epiglottis, or lip -- against another part; as, the r is a trill in most languages.
- (v. t.) To impart the quality of a trill to; to utter as, or with, a trill; as, to trill the r; to trill a note.