Troop Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TroopDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Boy scout, above.
- (v. i.) To move in numbers; to come or gather in crowds or troops.
- (n.) A particular roll of the drum; a quick march.
- (n.) A collection of people; a company; a number; a multitude.
- (v. i.) To march on; to go forward in haste.
- (n.) Soldiers, collectively; an army; -- now generally used in the plural.
- (n.) Specifically, a small body of cavalry, light horse, or dragoons, consisting usually of about sixty men, commanded by a captain; the unit of formation of cavalry, corresponding to the company in infantry. Formerly, also, a company of horse artillery; a battery.
- (n.) A company of stageplayers; a troupe.
• TrooperDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A mounted policeman.
- (n.) A soldier in a body of cavalry; a cavalryman; also, the horse of a cavalryman.