Trumped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TrumpedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Trump
• TrumpDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To play a trump card when one of another suit has been led.
- (n.) A wind instrument of music; a trumpet, or sound of a trumpet; -- used chiefly in Scripture and poetry.
- (v. i.) To blow a trumpet.
- (v. t.) To impose unfairly; to palm off.
- (v. t.) To play a trump card upon; to take with a trump card; as, she trumped the first trick.
- (n.) A winning card; one of a particular suit (usually determined by chance for each deal) any card of which takes any card of the other suits.
- (n.) An old game with cards, nearly the same as whist; -- called also ruff.
- (n.) A good fellow; an excellent person.
- (v. t.) To trick, or impose on; to deceive.