Trussed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TrussedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Truss
• TrussDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tuft of flowers formed at the top of the main stalk, or stem, of certain plants.
- (n.) A padded jacket or dress worn under armor, to protect the body from the effects of friction; also, a part of a womans dress; a stomacher.
- (n.) To strengthen or stiffen, as a beam or girder, by means of a brace or braces.
- (n.) To execute by hanging; to hang; -- usually with up.
- (n.) To take fast hold of; to seize and hold firmly; to pounce upon.
- (n.) A bundle; a package; as, a truss of grass.
- (n.) The rope or iron used to keep the center of a yard to the mast.
- (n.) An assemblage of members of wood or metal, supported at two points, and arranged to transmit pressure vertically to those points, with the least possible strain across the length of any member. Architectural trusses when left visible, as in open timber roofs, often contain members not needed for construction, or are built with greater massiveness than is requisite, or are composed in unscientific ways in accordance with the exigencies of style.
- (n.) To skewer; to make fast, as the wings of a fowl to the body in cooking it.
- (n.) A bandage or apparatus used in cases of hernia, to keep up the reduced parts and hinder further protrusion, and for other purposes.
- (n.) To bind or pack close; to make into a truss.