Tub Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TubDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any structure shaped like a tub: as, a certain old form of pulpit; a short, broad boat, etc., -- often used jocosely or opprobriously.
- (n.) An open wooden vessel formed with staves, bottom, and hoops; a kind of short cask, half barrel, or firkin, usually with but one head, -- used for various purposes.
- (n.) The amount which a tub contains, as a measure of quantity; as, a tub of butter; a tub of camphor, which is about 1 cwt., etc.
- (i.) To make use of a bathing tub; to lie or be in a bath; to bathe.
- (n.) A box or bucket in which coal or ore is sent up a shaft; -- so called by miners.
- (n.) A small cask; as, a tub of gin.
- (n.) A sweating in a tub; a tub fast.
- (v. t.) To plant or set in a tub; as, to tub a plant.
• TubbyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Resembling a tub; specifically sounding dull and without resonance, like a tub; wanting elasticity or freedom of sound; as, a tubby violin.
• TubalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a tube; specifically, of or pertaining to one of the Fallopian tubes; as, tubal pregnancy.