Turnpiked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TurnpikedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Turnpike
• TurnpikeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A turnpike road.
- (n.) A beam filled with spikes to obstruct passage; a cheval-de-frise.
- (n.) A winding stairway.
- (v. t.) To form, as a road, in the manner of a turnpike road; into a rounded form, as the path of a road.
- (n.) A gate or bar set across a road to stop carriages, animals, and sometimes people, till toll is paid for keeping the road in repair; a tollgate.
- (n.) A frame consisting of two bars crossing each other at right angles and turning on a post or pin, to hinder the passage of beasts, but admitting a person to pass between the arms; a turnstile. See Turnstile, 1.