Turnsole Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TurnsoleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Litmus.
- (a.) The euphorbiaceous plant Chrozophora tinctoria.
- (a.) The sunflower.
- (a.) A purple dye obtained from the plant turnsole. See def. 1 (d).
- (a.) A plant of the genus Heliotropium; heliotrope; -- so named because its flowers are supposed to turn toward the sun.
- (a.) A kind of spurge (Euphorbia Helioscopia).