Typed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TypedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Type
• TypeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A simple compound, used as a mode or pattern to which other compounds are conveniently regarded as being related, and from which they may be actually or theoretically derived.
- (n.) Form or character impressed; style; semblance.
- (n.) Such letters or characters, in general, or the whole quantity of them used in printing, spoken of collectively; any number or mass of such letters or characters, however disposed.
- (n.) The mark or impression of something; stamp; impressed sign; emblem.
- (n.) A raised letter, figure, accent, or other character, cast in metal or cut in wood, used in printing.
- (v. t.) To represent by a type, model, or symbol beforehand; to prefigure.
- (v. t.) To furnish an expression or copy of; to represent; to typify.
- (n.) The original object, or class of objects, scene, face, or conception, which becomes the subject of a copy; esp., the design on the face of a medal or a coin.
- (n.) That which possesses or exemplifies characteristic qualities; the representative.
- (n.) A figure or representation of something to come; a token; a sign; a symbol; -- correlative to antitype.
- (n.) A general form or structure common to a number of individuals; hence, the ideal representation of a species, genus, or other group, combining the essential characteristics; an animal or plant possessing or exemplifying the essential characteristics of a species, genus, or other group. Also, a group or division of animals having a certain typical or characteristic structure of body maintained within the group.