Underlie Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• UnderlieDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lie under; to rest beneath; to be situated under; as, a stratum of clay underlies the surface gravel.
- (v. i.) To lie below or under.
- (v. t.) To be at the basis of; to form the foundation of; to support; as, a doctrine underlying a theory.
- (n.) See Underlay, n., 1.
- (v. t.) To be subject or amenable to.