Unities Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• UnitiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Unity
• UnityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The peculiar characteristics of an estate held by several in joint tenancy.
- (n.) Any definite quantity, or aggregate of quantities or magnitudes taken as one, or for which 1 is made to stand in calculation; thus, in a table of natural sines, the radius of the circle is regarded as unity.
- (n.) The state of being one; oneness.
- (n.) Concord; harmony; conjunction; agreement; uniformity; as, a unity of proofs; unity of doctrine.
- (n.) Such a combination of parts as to constitute a whole, or a kind of symmetry of style and character.
- (n.) In dramatic composition, one of the principles by which a uniform tenor of story and propriety of representation are preserved; conformity in a composition to these; in oratory, discourse, etc., the due subordination and reference of every part to the development of the leading idea or the eastablishment of the main proposition.