University Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• UniversityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An association, society, guild, or corporation, esp. one capable of having and acquiring property.
- (n.) The universe; the whole.
- (n.) An institution organized and incorporated for the purpose of imparting instruction, examining students, and otherwise promoting education in the higher branches of literature, science, art, etc., empowered to confer degrees in the several arts and faculties, as in theology, law, medicine, music, etc. A university may exist without having any college connected with it, or it may consist of but one college, or it may comprise an assemblage of colleges established in any place, with professors for instructing students in the sciences and other branches of learning.
• University extensionDefinition & Meaning in English
- () The extension of the advantages of university instruction by means of lectures and classes at various centers.