Upbraiding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• UpbraidingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Upbraid
• UpbraidDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To utter upbraidings.
- (v. t.) To charge with something wrong or disgraceful; to reproach; to cast something in the teeth of; -- followed by with or for, and formerly of, before the thing imputed.
- (v. t.) To object or urge as a matter of reproach; to cast up; -- with to before the person.
- (v. t.) To reprove severely; to rebuke; to chide.
- (n.) The act of reproaching; contumely.
- (v. t.) To treat with contempt.