Usher Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• UsherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An under teacher, or assistant master, in a school.
- (n.) An officer or servant who has the care of the door of a court, hall, chamber, or the like; hence, an officer whose business it is to introduce strangers, or to walk before a person of rank. Also, one who escorts persons to seats in a church, theater, etc.
- (v. t.) To introduce or escort, as an usher, forerunner, or harbinger; to forerun; -- sometimes followed by in or forth; as, to usher in a stranger; to usher forth the guests; to usher a visitor into the room.
• UsherdomDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office or position of an usher; ushership; also, ushers, collectively.
• UsheranceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of ushering, or the state of being ushered in.