Vaporing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VaporingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Vapor
- (a.) Talking idly; boasting; vaunting.
• VaporDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To send off in vapor, or as if in vapor; as, to vapor away a heated fluid.
- (n.) To emit vapor or fumes.
- (n.) To pass off in fumes, or as a moist, floating substance, whether visible or invisible, to steam; to be exhaled; to evaporate.
- (n.) Any substance in the gaseous, or aeriform, state, the condition of which is ordinarily that of a liquid or solid.
- (n.) In a loose and popular sense, any visible diffused substance floating in the atmosphere and impairing its transparency, as smoke, fog, etc.
- (n.) Wind; flatulence.
- (n.) To talk idly; to boast or vaunt; to brag.
- (n.) A medicinal agent designed for administration in the form of inhaled vapor.
- (n.) Something unsubstantial, fleeting, or transitory; unreal fancy; vain imagination; idle talk; boasting.
- (n.) An old name for hypochondria, or melancholy; the blues.