Verse Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VerseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To tell in verse, or poetry.
- (n.) A portion of an anthem to be performed by a single voice to each part.
- (n.) A piece of poetry.
- (n.) Metrical arrangement and language; that which is composed in metrical form; versification; poetry.
- (n.) A stanza; a stave; as, a hymn of four verses.
- (n.) A short division of any composition.
- (v. i.) To make verses; to versify.
- (n.) One of the short divisions of the chapters in the Old and New Testaments.
- (n.) A line consisting of a certain number of metrical feet (see Foot, n., 9) disposed according to metrical rules.
• VersedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Verse
- (a.) Acquainted or familiar, as the result of experience, study, practice, etc.; skilled; practiced.
- (a.) Turned.