Vestries Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VestriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Vestry
• VestryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A parochial assembly; an assembly of persons who manage parochial affairs; -- so called because usually held in a vestry.
- (n.) A body, composed of wardens and vestrymen, chosen annually by a parish to manage its temporal concerns.
- (n.) A room appendant to a church, in which sacerdotal vestments and sacred utensils are sometimes kept, and where meetings for worship or parish business are held; a sacristy; -- formerly called revestiary.