Virtue Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VirtueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Manly strength or courage; bravery; daring; spirit; valor.
- (n.) Energy or influence operating without contact of the material or sensible substance.
- (n.) Active quality or power; capacity or power adequate to the production of a given effect; energy; strength; potency; efficacy; as, the virtue of a medicine.
- (n.) A particular moral excellence; as, the virtue of temperance, of charity, etc.
- (n.) One of the orders of the celestial hierarchy.
- (n.) Excellence; value; merit; meritoriousness; worth.
- (n.) Specifically: Chastity; purity; especially, the chastity of women; virginity.
- (n.) Specifically, moral excellence; integrity of character; purity of soul; performance of duty.
• VirtuelessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Destitute of virtue; without efficacy or operating qualities; powerless.