Vowing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VowingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Vow
• VowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Specifically, a promise of fidelity; a pledge of love or affection; as, the marriage vow.
- (v. i.) To make a vow, or solemn promise.
- (n.) To give, consecrate, or dedicate to God, or to some deity, by a solemn promise; to devote; to promise solemnly.
- (n.) A solemn promise made to God, or to some deity; an act by which one consecrates or devotes himself, absolutely or conditionally, wholly or in part, for a longer or shorter time, to some act, service, or condition; a devotion of ones possessions; as, a baptismal vow; a vow of poverty.
- (n.) To assert solemnly; to asseverate.