Walling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WallingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of making a wall or walls.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wall
- (n.) Walls, in general; material for walls.
• WallDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of knot often used at the end of a rope; a wall knot; a wale.
- (n.) A defense; a rampart; a means of protection; in the plural, fortifications, in general; works for defense.
- (v. t.) To close or fill with a wall, as a doorway.
- (n.) The side of a level or drift.
- (n.) An inclosing part of a receptacle or vessel; as, the walls of a steam-engine cylinder.
- (n.) A work or structure of stone, brick, or other materials, raised to some height, and intended for defense or security, solid and permanent inclosing fence, as around a field, a park, a town, etc., also, one of the upright inclosing parts of a building or a room.
- (n.) The country rock bounding a vein laterally.
- (v. t.) To inclose with a wall, or as with a wall.
- (v. t.) To defend by walls, or as if by walls; to fortify.