Wanton Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WantonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A lewd person; a lascivious man or woman.
- (v. t.) Wandering from moral rectitude; perverse; dissolute.
- (v. t.) To cause to become wanton; also, to waste in wantonness.
- (v. t.) Untrained; undisciplined; unrestrained; hence, loose; free; luxuriant; roving; sportive.
- (n.) One brought up without restraint; a pampered pet.
- (v. t.) Reckless; heedless; as, wanton mischief.
- (n.) A roving, frolicsome thing; a trifler; -- used rarely as a term of endearment.
- (v. t.) Specifically: Deviating from the rules of chastity; lewd; lustful; lascivious; libidinous; lecherous.
- (v. i.) To rove and ramble without restraint, rule, or limit; to revel; to play loosely; to frolic.
- (v. i.) To sport in lewdness; to play the wanton; to play lasciviously.
• WantoningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wanton
• WantonizeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To behave wantonly; to frolic; to wanton.