Warble Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WarbleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To sing with sudden changes from chest to head tones; to yodel.
- (v. t.) To sing in a trilling, quavering, or vibratory manner; to modulate with turns or variations; to trill; as, certain birds are remarkable for warbling their songs.
- (v. t.) To cause to quaver or vibrate.
- (n.) A quavering modulation of the voice; a musical trill; a song.
- (n.) A small, hard tumor which is produced on the back of a horse by the heat or pressure of the saddle in traveling.
- (n.) See Wormil.
- (v. i.) To be quavered or modulated; to be uttered melodiously.
- (v. i.) To sing in a trilling manner, or with many turns and variations.
- (n.) A small tumor produced by the larvae of the gadfly in the backs of horses, cattle, etc. Called also warblet, warbeetle, warnles.
- (v. t.) To utter musically; to modulate; to carol.
• WarbledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Warble