Wassail Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WassailDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An occasion on which such good wishes are expressed in drinking; a drinking bout; a carouse.
- (v. i.) To hold a wassail; to carouse.
- (n.) An ancient expression of good wishes on a festive occasion, especially in drinking to some one.
- (n.) The liquor used for a wassail; esp., a beverage formerly much used in England at Christmas and other festivals, made of ale (or wine) flavored with spices, sugar, toast, roasted apples, etc.; -- called also lambs wool.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to wassail, or to a wassail; convivial; as, a wassail bowl.
- (n.) A festive or drinking song or glee.
• WassailerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who drinks wassail; one who engages in festivity, especially in drinking; a reveler.