Wattling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WattlingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act or process of binding or platting with twigs; also, the network so formed.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wattle
• WattleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Material consisting of wattled twigs, withes, etc., used for walls, fences, and the like.
- (n.) In Australasia, any tree of the genus Acacia; -- so called from the wattles, or hurdles, which the early settlers made of the long, pliable branches or of the split stems of the slender species.
- (v. t.) To form, by interweaving or platting twigs.
- (n.) A rod laid on a roof to support the thatch.
- (n.) The trees from which the bark is obtained. See Savanna wattle, under Savanna.
- (n.) The astringent bark of several Australian trees of the genus Acacia, used in tanning; -- called also wattle bark.
- (n.) A twig or flexible rod; hence, a hurdle made of such rods.
- (v. t.) To twist or interweave, one with another, as twigs; to form a network with; to plat; as, to wattle branches.
- (v. t.) To bind with twigs.
- (n.) A naked fleshy, and usually wrinkled and highly colored, process of the skin hanging from the chin or throat of a bird or reptile.
- (n.) Barbel of a fish.