Wed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WedDefinition & Meaning in English
- () of Wed
- (n.) To join in marriage; to give in wedlock.
- (n.) To take to ones self and support; to espouse.
- (n.) A pledge; a pawn.
- (n.) To take for husband or for wife by a formal ceremony; to marry; to espouse.
- (v. i.) To contact matrimony; to marry.
- (n.) Fig.: To unite as if by the affections or the bond of marriage; to attach firmly or indissolubly.
• WDefinition & Meaning in English
- () the twenty-third letter of the English alphabet, is usually a consonant, but sometimes it is a vowel, forming the second element of certain diphthongs, as in few, how. It takes its written form and its name from the repetition of a V, this being the original form of the Roman capital letter which we call U. Etymologically it is most related to v and u. See V, and U. Some of the uneducated classes in England, especially in London, confuse w and v, substituting the one for the other, as weal for veal, and veal for weal; wine for vine, and vine for wine, etc. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 266-268.
• WeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of I
- (obj.) The plural nominative case of the pronoun of the first person; the word with which a person in speaking or writing denotes a number or company of which he is one, as the subject of an action expressed by a verb.
• WeddahsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) See Veddahs.
• WedgedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wedge