Whispering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WhisperingDefinition & Meaning in English
- () a. & n. from Whisper. v. t.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Whisper
• WhisperDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To speak with suspicion, or timorous caution; to converse in whispers, as in secret plotting.
- (v. t.) To address in a whisper, or low voice.
- (v. t.) To utter in a low and nonvocal tone; to say under the breath; hence, to mention privately and confidentially, or in a whisper.
- (n.) Something communicated in secret or by whispering; a suggestion or insinuation.
- (n.) To make a low, sibilant sound or noise.
- (n.) A low, sibilant sound.
- (n.) A cautious or timorous speech.
- (n.) A low, soft, sibilant voice or utterance, which can be heard only by those near at hand; voice or utterance that employs only breath sound without tone, friction against the edges of the vocal cords and arytenoid cartilages taking the place of the vibration of the cords that produces tone; sometimes, in a limited sense, the sound produced by such friction as distinguished from breath sound made by friction against parts of the mouth. See Voice, n., 2, and Guide to Pronunciation, // 5, 153, 154.
- (v. t.) To prompt secretly or cautiously; to inform privately.
- (v. i.) To speak softly, or under the breath, so as to be heard only by one near at hand; to utter words without sonant breath; to talk without that vibration in the larynx which gives sonorous, or vocal, sound. See Whisper, n.
• WhisperinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a whisper, or low voice; in a whispering manner; with whispers.