Whitewash Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WhitewashDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) In various games, to defeat (an opponent) so that he fails to score, or to reach a certain point in the game; to skunk.
- (v. t.) To apply a white liquid composition to; to whiten with whitewash.
- (v. t.) To make white; to give a fair external appearance to; to clear from imputations or disgrace; hence, to clear (a bankrupt) from obligation to pay debts.
- (n.) A composition of line and water, or of whiting size, and water, or the like, used for whitening walls, ceilings, etc.; milk of lime.
- (n.) Any wash or liquid composition for whitening something, as a wash for making the skin fair.
• WhitewashedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Whitewash