Withing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WithingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Withe
• WithDefinition & Meaning in English
- (prep.) To denote association in respect of situation or environment; hence, among; in the company of.
- (prep.) To denote the accomplishment of cause, means, instrument, etc; -- sometimes equivalent to by.
- (prep.) To denote having as a possession or an appendage; as, the firmament with its stars; a bride with a large fortune.
- (prep.) With denotes or expresses some situation or relation of nearness, proximity, association, connection, or the like.
- (n.) See Withe.
- (prep.) To denote a connection of friendship, support, alliance, assistance, countenance, etc.; hence, on the side of.
- (prep.) To denote a close or direct relation of opposition or hostility; -- equivalent to against.
- (prep.) To denote association in thought, as for comparison or contrast.
- (prep.) To denote simultaneous happening, or immediate succession or consequence.
• WitheDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To bind or fasten with withes.
- (n.) A band consisting of a twig twisted.
- (n.) An iron attachment on one end of a mast or boom, with a ring, through which another mast or boom is rigged out and secured; a wythe.
- (n.) A flexible, slender twig or branch used as a band; a willow or osier twig; a withy.
- (n.) A partition between flues in a chimney.