Wreathed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WreathedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. p.) of Wreathe
- (imp.) of Wreathe
• WreathDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Something twisted, intertwined, or curled; as, a wreath of smoke; a wreath of flowers.
- (n.) A garland; a chaplet, esp. one given to a victor.
- (n.) An appendage to the shield, placed above it, and supporting the crest (see Illust. of Crest). It generally represents a twist of two cords of silk, one tinctured like the principal metal, the other like the principal color in the arms.
• WreatheDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To twine or twist about; to surround; to encircle.
- (v. i.) To be intewoven or entwined; to twine together; as, a bower of wreathing trees.
- (n.) To surround with anything twisted or convolved; to encircle; to infold.
- (n.) To twist; to convolve; to wind one about another; to entwine.
- (n.) To cause to revolve or writhe; to twist about; to turn.