Write Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WriteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Hence, to compose or produce, as an author.
- (v. i.) To form characters, letters, or figures, as representative of sounds or ideas; to express words and sentences by written signs.
- (v. i.) To frame or combine ideas, and express them in written words; to play the author; to recite or relate in books; to compose.
- (v. t.) To set down for reading; to express in legible or intelligible characters; to inscribe; as, to write a deed; to write a bill of divorcement; hence, specifically, to set down in an epistle; to communicate by letter.
- (v. t.) To set down, as legible characters; to form the conveyance of meaning; to inscribe on any material by a suitable instrument; as, to write the characters called letters; to write figures.
- (v. i.) To compose or send letters.
- (v. t.) To make known by writing; to record; to prove by ones own written testimony; -- often used reflexively.
- (v. t.) To impress durably; to imprint; to engrave; as, truth written on the heart.
- (v. i.) To be regularly employed or occupied in writing, copying, or accounting; to act as clerk or amanuensis; as, he writes in one of the public offices.
• WritershipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office of a writer.