X Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• XDefinition & Meaning in English
- () X, the twenty-fourth letter of the English alphabet, has three sounds; a compound nonvocal sound (that of ks), as in wax; a compound vocal sound (that of gz), as in example; and, at the beginning of a word, a simple vocal sound (that of z), as in xanthic. See Guide to Pronunciation, // 217, 270, 271.
• X raysDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) Alt. of X-rays
• XanthiumDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A genus of composite plants in which the scales of the involucre are united so as to form a kind of bur; cocklebur; clotbur.