• System Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Regular method or order; formal arrangement; plan; as, to have a system in ones business.
- (n.) Hence, the whole scheme of created things regarded as forming one complete plan of whole; the universe.
- (n.) One of the stellate or irregular clusters of intimately united zooids which are imbedded in, or scattered over, the surface of the common tissue of many compound ascidians.
- (n.) An assemblage of parts or organs, either in animal or plant, essential to the performance of some particular function or functions which as a rule are of greater complexity than those manifested by a single organ; as, the capillary system, the muscular system, the digestive system, etc.; hence, the whole body as a functional unity.
- (n.) An assemblage of objects arranged in regular subordination, or after some distinct method, usually logical or scientific; a complete whole of objects related by some common law, principle, or end; a complete exhibition of essential principles or facts, arranged in a rational dependence or connection; a regular union of principles or parts forming one entire thing; as, a system of philosophy; a system of government; a system of divinity; a system of botany or chemistry; a military system; the solar system.
- (n.) The collection of staves which form a full score. See Score, n.
• Systemization Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of systematizing; systematization.
• Systemize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To reduce to system; to systematize.