• Tale Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) That which is told; an oral relation or recital; any rehearsal of what has occured; narrative; discourse; statement; history; story.
- (n.) See Tael.
- (v. i.) A number told or counted off; a reckoning by count; an enumeration; a count, in distinction from measure or weight; a number reckoned or stated.
- (v. i.) To tell stories.
- (v. i.) A count or declaration.
• Talebearer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who officiously tells tales; one who impertinently or maliciously communicates intelligence, scandal, etc., and makes mischief.