• Talented Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Furnished with talents; possessing skill or talent; mentally gifted.
• Talent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Among the Hebrews, a weight and denomination of money. For silver it was equivalent to 3,000 shekels, and in weight was equal to about 93/ lbs. avoirdupois; as a denomination of silver, it has been variously estimated at from ú340 to ú396 sterling, or about $1,645 to $1,916. For gold it was equal to 10,000 gold shekels.
- (v. t.) Inclination; will; disposition; desire.
- (v. t.) Among the ancient Greeks, a weight and a denomination of money equal to 60 minae or 6,000 drachmae. The Attic talent, as a weight, was about 57 lbs. avoirdupois; as a denomination of silver money, its value was ú243 15s. sterling, or about $1,180.
- (v. t.) Intellectual ability, natural or acquired; mental endowment or capacity; skill in accomplishing; a special gift, particularly in business, art, or the like; faculty; a use of the word probably originating in the Scripture parable of the talents (Matt. xxv. 14-30).