• Tales Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Persons added to a jury, commonly from those in or about the courthouse, to make up any deficiency in the number of jurors regularly summoned, being like, or such as, the latter.
- (syntactically sing.) The writ by which such persons are summoned.
• Tale Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) That which is told; an oral relation or recital; any rehearsal of what has occured; narrative; discourse; statement; history; story.
- (n.) See Tael.
- (v. i.) A number told or counted off; a reckoning by count; an enumeration; a count, in distinction from measure or weight; a number reckoned or stated.
- (v. i.) To tell stories.
- (v. i.) A count or declaration.
• Talesman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person called to make up a deficiency in the number of jurors when a tales is awarded.
• Talesmen Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Talesman