• Tangled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tangle
• Tangle Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) An instrument consisting essentially of an iron bar to which are attached swabs, or bundles of frayed rope, or other similar substances, -- used to capture starfishes, sea urchins, and other similar creatures living at the bottom of the sea.
- (v. i.) To be entangled or united confusedly; to get in a tangle.
- (n.) Any large blackish seaweed, especially the Laminaria saccharina. See Kelp.
- (v.) A knot of threads, or other thing, united confusedly, or so interwoven as not to be easily disengaged; a snarl; as, hair or yarn in tangles; a tangle of vines and briers. Used also figuratively.
- (n.) To involve; to insnare; to entrap; as, to be tangled in lies.
- (n.) To unite or knit together confusedly; to interweave or interlock, as threads, so as to make it difficult to unravel the knot; to entangle; to ravel.