• Taper Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make or cause to taper.
- (n.) A small wax candle; a small lighted wax candle; hence, a small light.
- (v. i.) To become gradually smaller toward one end; as, a sugar loaf tapers toward one end.
- (n.) A tapering form; gradual diminution of thickness in an elongated object; as, the taper of a spire.
- (a.) Regularly narrowed toward the point; becoming small toward one end; conical; pyramidical; as, taper fingers.
• Tapered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Taper
- (a.) Lighted with a taper or tapers; as, a tapered choir.