• Tasseled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tassel
• Tassel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of bur used in dressing cloth; a teasel.
- (v. i.) To put forth a tassel or flower; as, maize tassels.
- (v. t.) To adorn with tassels.
- (n.) A narrow silk ribbon, or the like, sewed to a book to be put between the leaves.
- (n.) A pendent ornament, attached to the corners of cushions, to curtains, and the like, ending in a tuft of loose threads or cords.
- (n.) A male hawk. See Tercel.
- (n.) The flower or head of some plants, esp. when pendent.
- (n.) A piece of board that is laid upon a wall as a sort of plate, to give a level surface to the ends of floor timbers; -- rarely used in the United States.