• Teach Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To give instruction; to follow the business, or to perform the duties, of a preceptor.
- (v. t.) To direct, as an instructor; to manage, as a preceptor; to guide the studies of; to instruct; to inform; to conduct through a course of studies; as, to teach a child or a class.
- (v. t.) To impart the knowledge of; to give intelligence concerning; to impart, as knowledge before unknown, or rules for practice; to inculcate as true or important; to exhibit impressively; as, to teach arithmetic, dancing, music, or the like; to teach morals.
- (v. t.) To accustom; to guide; to show; to admonish.
• Teaching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Teach
- (n.) The act or business of instructing; also, that which is taught; instruction.
• Teachable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being taught; apt to learn; also, willing to receive instruction; docile.