• Teasel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A plant of the genus Dipsacus, of which one species (D. fullonum) bears a large flower head covered with stiff, prickly, hooked bracts. This flower head, when dried, is used for raising a nap on woolen cloth.
- (v. t.) To subject, as woolen cloth, to the action of teasels, or any substitute for them which has an effect to raise a nap.
- (n.) A bur of this plant.
- (n.) Any contrivance intended as a substitute for teasels in dressing cloth.
• Teaseler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who uses teasels for raising a nap on cloth.